Call Today

How to File A Workers' Compensation Claim

Have you been hurt on the job? You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, lost wages and time spent out of work through workers’ compensation.

How to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim:

  • Let Your Employer Know – Let your employer know about your injury as soon as possible. In most cases, you have a limited amount of time to notify your employer.
  • Get Medical Care – Don’t delay any medical care that your injuries may require. Seek any care that you need for your health.
  • Contact An Attorney – You will need to file a claim with the NY Workers’ Compensation Board. An attorney will help you fill out all of the right paperwork so that your claim is submitted efficiently and on-time.

What if your Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied?

If your claim is disputed by your employer or its insurance carrier, your attorney will be there to represent your case and fight for your right to benefits. An attorney will have the knowledge and experience necessary to fight for your case — and will understand the tactics that the insurance company might use to minimize your claim.

At Levine and Wiss, we have a team of investigators and expert witnesses who can help build a solid case that will help you recover the benefits your injury deserves.

If you have any questions about your workers’ compensation case, don’t hesitate to contact our experienced attorneys. We are here to help you receive the compensation that you are entitled to under the law. We are dedicated to helping our clients secure maximum compensation for their injuries and lost wages. Give us a call at 1-888-GOT-HURT for a FREE consultation!